Saturday 30 January 2016

Justice For Nicole Brown Simpson

More than two decades later, Kris Jenner can still vividly recall the moment she learned of her best friend Nicole Brown Simpson's murder.


Speaking exclusively with PEOPLE for this week's issue, Jenner says, "We had plans for lunch." She adds, "I dropped my kids off at school and on the way home, I called her house to confirm lunch. And when I got home, I got a call from Nicole's mom, Judy, and she told me."

"I went into shock," Jenner recalls. "And I turned on the TV and there it was. They were showing the crime scene. It was horrific."

Adding to Jenner's personal pain was the fact that her longtime friend O.J., whom she considered family, was charged with Nicole's murder.

"I went to bed one night and the next morning, my entire universe had changed," says Jenner, 60. "[OJ and Nicole] were two of the best friends I ever had in my entire life. It was devastating because not only did I mourn the loss of Nicole, but I mourned the loss of OJ and that relationship."

For more on the O.J. Simpson murder case, including the voices of those closest to Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman, pick up this week's issue of PEOPLE on newsstands today.
Kris Jenner Opens Up About Her Shocking Conversation with OJ After Nicole Brown Simpson's Murder: 'It Didn't Have Any Effect on What I Thought'| Crime & Courts, OJ Simpson Trial, True Crime, Kris Jenner, Nicole Brown Simpson, O.J. Simpson
Nicole Brown Simpson on the cover of PEOPLE magazine
After the murder, Jenner had a conversation with the man she once loved like a brother.

"I talked to him while he was in jail," she says. "He was trying to tell me he didn't do it, and what he thought had happened. I just listened to him, to what he was saying to me."

Kris Jenner Opens Up About Her Shocking Conversation with OJ After Nicole Brown Simpson's Murder: 'It Didn't Have Any Effect on What I Thought'| Crime & Courts, OJ Simpson Trial, True Crime, Kris Jenner, Nicole Brown Simpson, O.J. Simpson

But the reality television matriarch wasn't swayed by O.J.'s words and still strongly believed he was the culprit. (Simpson was later acquitted of the murder by a jury.)

"I'm a very logical person," says Jenner. "I want to give everybody the benefit of the doubt, but the evidence was so strong. [What he said] didn't have any effect on what I thought."

When it comes to Simpson now, who is currently serving a 33-year prison sentence for robbery and kidnapping (he is up for parole next year), Jenner says, "It's not my job to judge anybody else. I'm going to let God do that."People

No comments:

Featured post

Ab-Toning Moves — No Crunches Required

Let's be honest: crunches aren't the most exciting of exercises. And they're not always the most effective way to tone your a...