Thursday 24 March 2016

Nia Vardalos Reveals Request From John Stamos' Late Mother Inspired His My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 Role

Nia Vardalos On Why She Wrote John Stamos a Role in My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2
John Stamos has his late mother to thank for his small role in My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2.


The film's writer and star Nia Vardalos recently revealed to Yahoo's Global News Anchor Katie Couric that Stamos' role was a request from Stamos' mother.

"His mom had asked me before she passed away if I ever did a sequel, if I would write him a part," Vardalos tells Couric. "Isn’t that funny? So sweet, as a mother would do. She was the loveliest person and her memory lives on in John, he had such a close connection with her.”

In the new film, Vardalos' character Toula and husband Ian (John Corbett) deal with the challenges of parenting and marriage as their daughter prepares to head off to college. Vardalos tells PEOPLE filming the sequel was "loud, joyous, full of laughter and like a big family reunion" and that her fellow cast members were almost too eager to sign onto the project. "I called John [Corbett] and said, 'Hey, do you feel like kissing me again?'" recalls Vardalos. And he said the ultimate dreamy response – 'always baby.'"

My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 hits theaters March 25.people

No comments:

Featured post

Ab-Toning Moves — No Crunches Required

Let's be honest: crunches aren't the most exciting of exercises. And they're not always the most effective way to tone your a...