Saturday 26 March 2016

Megan Fox Keeps Her Sons From Technology


Megan Fox grew up letting her geek girl flag fly as a big fan of genre entertainment, from Star Wars toTeenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. But as a mom, she’s holding off introducing hertwo sons to TV and movies
– even though she’s now the star of the revamped Turtles films – because she wants to raise her own “superheroes.”
“I hesitate just because … I try not to expose them to technology,” Fox told PEOPLE while promoting the upcomingTeenage Mutant Ninja Turtles sequel at WonderCon in Los Angeles, admitting she’s resisted the temptation to try to steer them toward her fantastical tastes. “It’s hard to make them super nerds if I don’t let them watch television or movies, or get on an iPhone or an iPad.”
“So right now, I’m making my kids into artistic nature-hippies,” she chuckled. “We’ll see what happens. At some point, they’ll choose what they want to be.”
The actress, 29, says that steering Noah, 3 1/2, and Bodhi, 2 – hers sons with ex Brian Austin Green – away from tech-based amusements is “only challenging as a parent because so many people use that as a babysitter, and they’re like, ‘I just need an hour to clean the dishes – watch this movie or play Angry Birds on my phone.’ ”
“It’s actually really bad for their brain development, and I’m trying to breed, like, superheroes,” she said. “I don’t want them to get f—-d-up brains. So I just suck it up, and it’s hard, and one of us is always doing something. We don’t get a lot of rest time, but I know it’s better for them.”
She’s already conjured up fantasy visions of how her sons might turn out. “I would love one of them to be a painter or a poet and, like, wear scarves and walk around Paris, like angsty,” she said with a laugh. “Then I would like one to be a musician, maybe. Their dad Brian plays jazz drums and is a good musician. So I think one of them is going to have the spark for that.”
As she imagines her kids’ adulthood, she’s also been enjoying her fair share of moments on the set of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows, which hits theaters on June 3, that have made her feel like a kid again.
“I get that a lot,” she said of bringing the cartoon she loved as a little girl to live-action life. “Anytime I’m with the Turtles and they’re doing, like, an emotional scene, it always makes me want to cry!” she confessed. “My childhood heart is like, “No – you guys can’t fight! You love each other!”people

No comments:

Featured post

Ab-Toning Moves — No Crunches Required

Let's be honest: crunches aren't the most exciting of exercises. And they're not always the most effective way to tone your a...