Tuesday 2 February 2016

Prince Charles decorates Patti Boulaye with British title

pati2
Do you remember Patti Boulaye? She is the British-Nigerian singer, actress and artist who was popular for the Lux soap commercial of the 80s.


Boulaye was the face of Lux soap for 29 years as a singer she has over five albums and 25 singles to her credit.

On January 29, Boulaye was inaugurated into the Officer of the Most Excellent Order of The British Empire by Prince Charles at the Buckingham Palace.

Boulaye took to Twitter to celebrate her investiture when she wrote:


An elated Boulaye also shared her day of glory on Facebook and captioned it:

“My OBE (Officer of the Most Excellent Order of The British Empire) Investiture received from HRH Prince Charles today at the Palace;

What a day at Buckingham Palace! It all finally came together and to God be the glory!

I was ecstatic when they announced the ceremony was to be done by my favourite Prince, His Royal Highness Prince Charles. He was as charming as ever and spent some time chatting with me. What a wonderful man!

“Patti!” He exclaimed. “How wonderful to see you. We haven’t seen you for a long time. Have you been jetting around the world as usual……..God bless you.” Says HRH Prince Charles to me. Oh-my-goodness!!!!
“God bless your Sir! I replied with all my heart as I took a few steps back curtsied and bowed, shaking with excitement and giggling like a child.

The Palace staffs were charm and loveliness itself, all of them smiling and saying congratulations to me, making me feel at home. So proud and grateful to have my husband Stephen, our son and daughter with me.
It was incredible!!!!!!!

After the ceremony had an interview at L’Escargot with Joyce Ahaja of TVS. Then rushed back to pick up my grandson from the nursery.

A perfect and blessed day!

Thank you Lord. Thank you Your Royal Highness. Thank you everyone who made this possible for me, especially my husband Stephen, my children Aret and Sebastian, my sisters Grace, Maggie, Eno, brother Sam , Sir John Major, Sir David Amess and many others. My late Mother, late sister Rosaleen, Late brothers Johnny and Tony. Love you all.”

In her acting days, Boulayes featured in one of African most grossing film Bisi, Daughter of The River. Another British-Nigerian actor David Oyelowo was honoured by the Queen of England with the Order of the British Empire title.naij

No comments:

Featured post

Ab-Toning Moves — No Crunches Required

Let's be honest: crunches aren't the most exciting of exercises. And they're not always the most effective way to tone your a...