Thursday 4 February 2016

DECLUTTER Your Wardrobe

Minimalist Wardrobe
If there was one thing that was firmly on my resolutions for 2016, it was to organise and declutter my wardrobe. In the last five years or so I’ve focused on a tighter closet with items that are super wearable,
but over time things do tend to add up (particularly if you’re a thirst store addict like me). So once or twice a year I like to do a clean out and a freshen up. After putting it off for most of Jan, jast weekend was D-day. To be honest, I hated every minute of it – the sheer mess of cleaning your closet can make you want to jump out the window, but there’s nothing better than the finished product. That being a wardrobe where everything is organised and you dont have any pieces you hate. As usual I used the principles of the wardrobe cull I wrote about soooooo long ago here, so if you’re feeling up to it this weekend that’s your place to go. The best thing about a cull is that you can see the things that you don’t want to keep, which helps you make better decisions in the future – whatever doesn’t kill you makes you stronger… and dress better.

And if you’re thinking about embracing the principles of a minimalist wardrobe in general this year, make sure to check out my article for eHow where I talk you through a starter kit on the principles. Cheers to a curated wardrobe in 2016!Minimalist Wardrobe


Minimalist Wardrobe
Closet: Zara hat, Grana jeans and dress, DIY shorts, J crew shirt, Oroton Skirt, Kookai trench, Coach bag, vintage scarf, Daniel Wellington watch, market shoes, Witchery heels, Mode Collective heels.

Make yourself a DIY ladder wardrobe using my instructions here

Minimalist Wardrobe

This Coach satchel (and a few other tan bags) has become a pillar of my wardrobe, I think it really helps to pinpoint your key pieces and build a functional wardrobe out from there.

Minimalist WardrobeMinimalist WardrobeMinimalist WardrobeMinimalist WardrobeMinimalist WardrobeMinimalist Wardrobe

Naturally these are just a few of my favourite pieces in my wardrobe, but I like how doing a cull allows you to see the pieces that you love the most and wear them more. Happy culling!apairandspare

No comments:

Featured post

Ab-Toning Moves — No Crunches Required

Let's be honest: crunches aren't the most exciting of exercises. And they're not always the most effective way to tone your a...