Saturday 16 January 2016

Ronda Rousey, Tina Fey to Team for 'Do Nothing Bitches' Comedy

rr
Ronda Rousey and Tina Fey will join forces in an upcoming comedy titled Do Nothing Bitches, inspired by the popular phrase coined by the UFC star. Rousey confirmed the project in a tweet.
Paula Pell, who penned the recent Fey/Amy Poehler comedy Sisters, pitched the film to Universal, with the screenwriter and the 30 Rock actress on board to produce the film, The Hollywood Reporter writes.

"I have this one term for the kind of woman that my mother raised me to not be. And I call it a do-nothing bitch," Rousey said in a July 2015 episode of UFC's vlog. "A kind of chick that just tries to be pretty and be taken care of by somebody else. That's why I think it's hilarious when people say my body looks masculine or something like that. Listen, just because my body was developed for a purpose other than fucking millionaires, doesn't mean it's masculine. I think it's femininely badass as fuck because there's not a single muscle in my body that isn't for a purpose. Because I'm not a do-nothing bitch."

The catchphrase quickly entered the lexicon, as Beyoncé sampled Rousey's "do-nothing bitch" during the singer's headlining set at the Made in America Festival and the phrase even inspired a line of apparel.

For Rousey, Do Nothing Bitches is the latest role in the UFC fighter's rapidly growing movie career. In September, it was announced that Rousey would take on the Patrick Swayze role in a Road House reboot. "It is a great honor to play a part in celebrating the life of a man that inspired so many. I couldn't be more grateful to have this opportunity to pay respect to the beloved Patrick Swayze," Rousey tweeted after the remake was announced. "I promise to work incessantly to make sure this project is a tribute his friends and family can be proud of." Road House goes into production this spring.

Rousey also lined up parts in her quasi-biopic My Fight/Your Fight, The Athena Project and Mile 22, with the latter Mark Wahlberg vehicle scheduled to start shooting in February. Rousey also recently filmed something with Amy Schumer, rumored to be a Super Bowl commercial.

News of the Rousey/Fey team-up comes just one week before the MMA star, who is currently taking a hiatus from the sport, is set to host Fey's old stomping grounds Saturday Night Live on January 23rd.rollingstone



No comments:

Featured post

Ab-Toning Moves — No Crunches Required

Let's be honest: crunches aren't the most exciting of exercises. And they're not always the most effective way to tone your a...